Saturday, February 25, 2012

Surprise!

Organizing photos today I was reminded of my TJMax super special plastic watch that I bought in the December promotions.  I normally wear a watch with metal strap and didn't want to take that to the heat of South Sudan.  When I was doing some Christmas shopping I noticed some of those 'slap' watches on sale.I felt rather smug about how quickly this particular $5 purchase would amortize itself.

Our first night in our rather shabby 'hotel' I noticed that my watch was gone.  I thought back through the day and when I had last noticed it.  I must have lost it during our walk in the government sector.  In all probability one of the children who swarmed me to look at the instant digital image of themselves got it.  Generally a rush of small hands come at the camera and each wants a chance to see his image so magically conjured up.  I wouldn't have noticed another pull on my watch, and, in fact, perhaps the lucky individual didn't even intend to take it, but found his grip fastened on the loose band that released so easily.  Imagine Bert and my entertainment when we looked carefully at our photos on a large screen.  It is a white plastic watch with a small pink face.

Was I being dared to spot it?  I think perhaps that two in this image knew something was up. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment