Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rain after the monsoon - I didn't realize that showers continue after the monsoon.  The first shower hit very suddenly.  I remember walking into the hotel thinking 'if I were in Europe or America, I'd say we were in for a shower.'  It darkened suddenly and the heavens let loose rain and hail.  The shower probably lasted about 10 minutes and was absolutely drenching.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxm6XgYDZUw

Since then we have had several more showers.  Some are short and heavy, some are just a sprinkling while today was several hours of quite English steady, good garden watering rain.

Given how much of the economy is on the street and without cover I wonder what on earth all those vendors do.  Are they better at predicting the weather than I am?  Do they have somewhere to hide with their wares?  Do they have tarps tucked out of sight until they need them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment